Oh hey, Tumblr. Remember when I was all super excited to run a marathon, posted obsessively about it, and then went radio silent after it happened? Yup.
We’re now three days post Chicago Marathon, and I am alive and well. Almost finished writing my recap, and I’ll get around to posting that this evening. Until then, I’ll leave you with these parting bullet points:
- I finished.
- This photo is from the day after.
- I’ve entirely lost sight on the accomplishment that is running a marathon and it doesn’t feel real.
- I sincerely regret skipping the ice bath.
- Recovery week is going by too slowly, and I’m shocked at how badly I want to get back at it.
- Marathon fever is very real.